Sunday, May 3, 2009

Erika's Recipes: Asian Grilled Flank Steak with Mango Rice and Ham and Cheese Braid

Asian Grilled Flank Steak

1 beef flank steak (1-1/4 lb.)
3/4 cup BULL'S-EYE Original Barbecue Sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup thin green onion sliced
2 Tbsp. sesame seeds (optional)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. ground ginger

SCORE steak on both sides; place in shallow glass dish or large resealable plastic bag.
MIX remaining ingredients. Pour over steak; cover dish or seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours or overnight. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
PREHEAT grill to medium-high heat. Grill steak 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through, turning every 8 minutes. To serve, cut steak across the grain into thin slices.

FROM FROZEN: Place in refirigerator 24 to 48 hours to thaw. Grill as directed.

Mango Rice

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 coconut milk

Bring to a simmer for 3 min. Then add 2 cups of cooked sticky rice and 1 cup mango's or any other fruit. Bring to a simmer for 5 more min. You can serve warm or cold.
(I always make this with this flank steak. Cook the rice with 2 c. water and boil for 15-20 minutes. I rearely add any fruit at all, we just eat it with the coconut milk and sugar).

Ham and Cheese Braid

See this site for recipe and instructions. (The first time I made it I thought it used too much ranch, so I halved it in my recipe).

2 comments:

  1. Oh Boy Erika. We consumed that Steak! So good! I am going to be keeping this recipe around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family LOvEd this dish! I will definitely be making this in the future! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete