Sunday, September 12, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas

2 cups cooked chicken (shredded or diced)
1 small can diced green chilis
1 can black or red beans
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
tortillas

Combine all the ingredients (excepts tortillas) and mix thoroughly.  Place a row of the mixture on one side of a tortilla and roll.  Place seam side down in a sprayed 9x13 or 8x8 pan.  Continue until all but a little bit of the mixture is left over.  Put the remaining filling on top of the enchiladas and then cover with a little extra grated cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes.  (Time depends on the size of your pan and how much filling you place in each tortilla.)

To bake from frozen:  Thaw in refrigerator and bake as above.

**These are the original directions.  I often tweak the ingredients depending on how much I have left of sour cream or if I have any beans, etc.  I like a little more Cream of Chicken soup so I usually put more of that in there and sometimes I also add a can of drained diced tomatoes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment